Another annotated forum post mash up.
Started on this at the start of the week because I need something to work on while the Neu dries.
Not too much filling to get the three portions of the hull to marry.
3mm of plasticard at the front, 1.5mm at the back and and then all of the sanding required to get the top to match up.
I'm going to set the hatch back slightly, I like the lip you get at the rear and the big lower lip at the front.
Kinda looks like a troll
There'll be some changes as I'm not willing to sacrifice a whole Gustav to this suit.
The arms and legs will be from a Heinrich instead.
I've replaced the bolts on the top, and the round parts on the front.
The original cast detail was a bit weak.
Operation fill up the big gap is going well, I've built the base for the overlap onto the main body.
Thats so I can build the overlap onto the hatch and keep it as a seperate piece.
I've also added locks to the little bulges either side of the main eye.
Oh and the legs are built too btw.
Just need to texture the plastic parts and fiddle with a few small details, I wanted a nice quick build after spending three months working on the Neu.
I've had to add a new bulge on the rear right, a new aerial mount on the left, and a new exhaust on the rear as I don't have these parts spare.
I've also given him elbow pads as the pose I want the arm in stretches the joint a little, and I've had to grind away part of the body.
The washer its glued to is only temp, just so He'd stand up.
Just need to texture the pads and waist plates (and fit those), and build a new sensor for the top.
Then I can prime, I'll be brush painting this one as I cant be bothered to muck about with airbrushes at the moment.
I've had to redesign the joint between the legs and the body to get a gustav hull to marry with a set of Heinrich legs.